Saturday, August 16, 2008

I know most of the time I post something here, it's usually of a satirical  nature, but I want to change gears a little here.  Every once and a while you meet someone who brings out the best in others.  Someone with the ability to lift up others.  Ely lost a great member of the community this past week in Dr. Bruce Wilkin.  Though I only worked with Dr. Wilkin a little over two years, he always impressed me with his dedication to his craft and to helping others.  Health reasons forced him to retire last year, but on the few occasions I ran into him around town since then, he was allways happy and smiling.  After attending his services today, I really gained a appreciation as to how incredible he really was, how selfless and caring he was to all.  I wish I had the opportunity to know him better, because it seems there was so much more than just the Dr. Wilkin I worked with.  So take a minute and think about someone who has inspired and touched you in your life.

God be with you, Dr. Wilkin, untill we meet again.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Sorry to hear about this. You are right, this post was such a change from your norm too.