Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Love's

With Valentines Day coming up, I was thinking about what Valentine's Day really means. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE getting flowers, gifts, and extra attention. But, I just don't think that Valentine's Day is only for couples. See, since the kids were born, I have more than one person to share my love with. Obviously, Devin gets the most intimate of my love as my eternal companion and best friend. But, the kids get the motherly love.

So, I am celebrating Valentine's Day this year with the kids. I am throwing a preschool Valentine's party for Collin were we will make candy, paint hearts, and anything else I can come up with. Cameron will get to join in on the fun as well. When Contessa gets home from school, we will bake cookies and spend time together doing crafts.

I think I will create a different day for Devin & I further away from our anniversary to celebrate our love in a more romantic way. No one ever said you have to celebrate Valentine's. Besides, flowers are much cheaper at different times of year! I think I will start planning our new special day. Maybe he will get a modified March 9th afterall.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

that sounds like a fun day. miss you guys. wish you could have stayed longer. :(

Lexi said...

Hope you guys had fu in AZ. And this year i tried to celebrate with the kids too. Dave had just got home, so we actually didn't do much, but i bought the kids candy hearts and a present and we hand made valentines cards this year to add to the fun

Pottruffs said...

What a sweet mom you are. I don't believe valentines' day is just for couples either. My kids get a gift from me as well. Evan and I have gone out to a movie or dinner before, but this year we went the day after to dinner with our best friends. But on valentines' day the kids got our attention. Just made a great day this year. No flowers or chocolate. But great anyway.