Friday, November 16, 2007

My First Homemade Apple Pie!

I just had to share with all of you, that I made my first homemade apple pie. I was going to take a picture of it, but forgot! dang it. So I guess I will just have to make another so you can see how pretty it was! So anyway, it was a Paula Deen recipe, so you know it was good! You can read the whole recipe here.

It was really easy to make, and only took about 10 -15 minutes to prepare, even with chopping the apples up! I used 2 different types of apples, granny smith and gala. We took it to our ward Thanksgiving meal and it went pretty fast. I was just happy I didn't ruin it! I'm always afraid of trying something new for other people, but since I had never made an apple pie before, I did it anyway without trying it first.

I'm just glad it came out great. And Devin wants me to make it again sometime. So if he wants it again, I must have impressed him!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yumm! i am so in the mood to bake!

Lexi said...

that sounds so good. I make my first pumpkin cheesecake today lol. but i don't thikn that near compares to the apple pie