Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

So, I was a real partier last night and after watching a movie with Devin, went to bed at 10pm! We did toast the old year away just before I went to sleep though, so it works.

I am very excited for our new enrichment program. We are doing stake enrichment classes, rather than ward ones. All of our ward activities ended after a few months, so I hope the new activities will work much better since there will be more women involved.

One of the activities we are doing is called "Faith in Every Footstep" that will be a walking group (around the church) and we will also read a scripture as well. So 2 days a week I can do that, if I can get the kids taken care of. The time is just bad for me though - 6:30-7:15am which is when I am getting Contessa ready for school.

They are also having 2 other classes I am excited about, and hope to go to. One is on preparedness. The first class is on debt & budgeting. They will also go over food storage and wills later. Then there is a cooking demenstration. So I guess I have a few things to do now!

I guess I am most excited about them because they are all things I've been wanting. So I hope the walking one will help me get in shape and lose a little more weight, while the cooking class will make me a better cook, and the preparedness will help me get my home ready. Now all I need is a home organization and time management class and I am set!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

you are so funny. we don't have enrichment except like 3 times a year, but we all see each other almost every day, so it isn't really necessary i guess.

Jessica said...

i havent gone to an inrichment in FOREVER! thats a great idea about the walking thing! sounds like great ways to meet new people!

Pottruffs said...

Man, those all sound like things I need to do. I should be taking the classes. LOL I really need an organization one. Man is my house frustrating. No worries on New Years, I fell asleep at 11pm. Only an hour left and still couldn't stay up. LOL But Evan was asleep before me, so I don't feel so bad.