Saturday, December 8, 2007

My surgery

Well, I went in at 6 am (well really 5am my time, since we were in Salt Lake and we are an hour behind them!) and was prepped for my hysteroscopy and possible laparoscopy. The anestesiologist came in and put my iv in, which didn't hurt AT ALL! I was pretty impressed, usually they hurt at least a little, but most of the time alot.

So anyway, they take me to the OR just before 7:30 am. I don't actually remember anything, not even getting onto the OR bed. I remember them fooling with the IV bag as we entered to OR, so they must have given me the sleeping meds then.

They were hoping to be able to just do the scope, but ended up having to do the laparoscopy. So I have a 1 inch incision in my belly button (or somewhere right around it, I can't really tell, and a 1/2 inch incision on my left side. Iam pretty sore today, but I only had to take 1ibuprofen yesterday. So I was pretty happy about that. I think I will need to take another today though.

Devin did not do well with the kids. He was very frustrated by the time he got to the room with them. I guess breakfast went well, but as soon as they go to the hospital, things went down hill. So he took a nap as soon as we got back to the hotel at 9:30am.

So anyway that is how I am doing now. It looks like I should be recovered completely in about a week or so. Hopefully sooner, but you never know. I can at least walk pretty well, and that is important!

5 comments:

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

Sorry to hear you had to go through that, Amy! I had a hysterectomy in my twenties, so I know what you're going through.

You have a positive attitude, though, and that will help you get back to "normal" quickly :-)

Blessings,
Michele
Writing the Cyber Highway

and...

Her Natural Beauty

Get well soon!

Lexi said...

I am so glad things went at least okay. I had laporoscopy when my gull bladder was removed, so I hve the same scars as you, only mine are covered by twin stretch marks now lol

King Family said...

Wow, I didn't know you had surgery coming. Sometime when you are coming to SLC you have to let me know so I can come meet up with you. I would love to see you!

Jessica said...

i hope you are doing good! i didnt know you were having that done either! well. i wish we were there to help you guys out! hope you recover fast!!

Pottruffs said...

Hey Amy. Glad you are up and doing well. Don't run yourself too much. I know, with kids, that's impossible, but try. You're in our prayers for a quick and painless recovery.