Sunday, December 23, 2007

We gave blood

Someone in our stake has luekemia and one of his friends decided to do a blood drive as his eagle project yesterday. So, we went down there to donate blood for my first time and the first time since Devin's mission. Devin was told in the past that he couldn't since he lived in the UK during his mission, and mad cow disease can be passed through blood. So I did some research and it turns out he can because he arrived in March 1997 and the cut off was Dec 1996.

My donation went well, I was done in about 10 minutes. Devin's didn't. He ended up having a collapsed vein and after several of the phlebotomists dug around his veins for a while, they gave up. He was able to donate about 1/2 the usual amount. So his will be used for babies instead of adults. (yeah, a baby hero!)

Poor man has a very bruised and sore arm. I don't think he will ever donate again! I don't blame him though, I wouldn't either.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

That makes me quezy thinking about it, but I am glad you guys were able to help.