Monday, December 3, 2007

Something Different - Bridal Showers

I was thinking about my bridal shower today, I don't know why. Anyway, almost all bridal showers I have been to have been informal and just basically a big gathering of friends. I remember Autumn's bridal shower (a little, I was only 10!) had a theme and each guest was given certain invitations with a certain type of gift to get. There were things such as kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc. I don't remember all of them, but it was an interesting idea.

So here are a few ideas I had, if I were to have another bridal shower (I won't, but maybe I will host another someday!):

- An advise shower - the bridal shower invitations would include a card for a piece of wisdom for the new couple. They would be gathered at the shower and put into an album with pictures of the attendees.

- A Recipe for Sucess shower - The wedding shower invites would have a recipe card attached that you include your favorite recipe to share with the bride. They could be put into a file folder, or a cool recipe scrapbook. I REALLY want to do this!

- A Luau - wouldn't that just a blast?

- A Scrapbook party - IF the person was a scrapbooker or a photographer, I think it would be so fun to hold a scrapbook shower. Take pictures of the guests & gifts, then scrapbook them together (would need a photo printer!)

Does anyone else have ideas to add? We could even make come of these into baby shower ideas!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i think maybe for a baby shower, the guests could bring there favorite baby product or something they couldnt live without. but then again you may get doubles???

Lexi said...

At Lynnae's baby shower, we stamped the background of her invitations for her. That was fun. At my bridal shower, they made me "recipes" for success.

King Family said...

One of the girls here in my ward had a "scrapbook" type one that was also "advice." The person hosting sent out a little paper with the invitation. The invitees were to make a scrapbook type page, I think with advice and or memories of this girl. I hate to admit I didn't do it and I wasn't able to attend, so I don't remember all the details.

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

Hi Amy!

Just wanted to let you know I've been enjoying your posts at Her Natural Beauty and gave you some link love on my own blog.

Smiles,
Michele

Pottruffs said...

These could really work for baby showers. The recipe one could be that they bring in a child friendly recipe. The scrapbook one can be, the guests make pages for the baby-to-be w/out photos. Then when the mommy takes photos, all she has to do is put the photos on the already made pages. I make books as gifts for new babies. It helps the mom to have scrapping a little easier in the beginning when she's so busy with the new little one.