Wednesday, December 12, 2007

New wall color

Okay, so if you have noticed some of my pictures, we have wood paneling EVERYWHERE! We don't live in a cabin, so I don't want it to look like it! Besides, cabins are usually nicer wood, not this horrible paneling. I HATE it. We are trying to pick a new paint color for the living area and for our room. Contessa has a pink room (naturally!) and Collin wants a red room (his favorite color). Our bathroom is a light blue/purple.

Our kitchen has hideous wallpaper and orange countertops (seriously, who would choose orange countertops???) Our livingroom, diningroom, computer room, kitchen are all connected and completely covered in the paneling. My room is 1/2 paneling and 1/2white.

So what colors do all of you suggest? I have brown couches and medium brown wood tables/entertainment center. Devin wants white - I say NO WAY! I was thinking a brown, but I don't want too much brown and with my furniture I think it would really be boring. So I also looked at blues & greens, but just can't decide. For my room, I was thinking a deep color, but again can't decide what color.

Oh, and also the house color. Our house is a horrible yellow with white trim. I really want something different. Yellow is fine, but this yellow is just so gross!

Anyone have ideas?

6 comments:

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

A warm gold is nice. It creates a very nice looking wall--looks more expensive--and would compliment your furniture ;-)

I say NO to the white! I love color!

Smiles,
Michele
Writing the Cyber Highway

&

Her Natural Beauty

Jessica said...

i am going to paint my room a sagey green! that would look good
you could paint the house a lighter yellow and leave the white trim. then maybe put some shutters on the windows. it think that would be really cute!!!
as for the other walls... you could do a lighter ne of brown??? tone of brown than your couches. everything in my house is brown:D haha! let us know what you end up doing!

Lexi said...

I think you should try maybe like a brick red color, you know a dark red, it will look good with the couches, or like a light purple or blue purple.

Pottruffs said...

You are getting good ideas. Orange counters.... man, how do you make that look good....LOL. Hmmm, lavendar???? A grey/blue would be pretty with the couches. We have brown leather couches too, but only one wall to paint in our living room. We painted that one wall a beigey/yellow. My room is a green color to match my bedspread. I love blues and greens.

Gwendolyne said...

In order to complement my orange countertops, I painted all my cabinets WHITE. I also replaced all the knobs and pulley with brushed silver and just spray painted the hinges a silver (they are so expensive). The walls, I painted a marmalade. It's also an orange but look at the sample pictures in the brochure at Home Depot and with the right accents (preferable green) it looks fantastic. I used green plants and some spoon rest, hand towels and so on to give a little bit of contrast. I also painted all my trim white to match the cabinets. Check out the color handout, Modern Elegance, Pure Orange with Cool Details at Home Depot. Good Luck!

Gwendolyne said...

You should paint all the paneling in the dining room, living room an computer room the same to bring in a good flow. It would look wonderful and brighten up everything. Check out this color - Classic Taupe/290E-3 from Home Depot. I hate to promote any particular place but these are the colors I have used. I have a house built in 1973, so I have done TONS of cosmetic upgrades. It's so rewarding!